Monday, February 4, 2013

I Don't Know What I'm Doing, But I'm Here

Hello, world!

I am Breanna. I am a wife and mom. I live in the suburban San Antonio in a neighborhood where all the houses are merely feet apart and the yards are tiny boxes. I love the idea of gardening and landscaping (making our small space beautiful, creating an urban homestead, and all that...) but I haven't a clue how to do it (and I don't have the money to have someone else do it). I've spent a fair amount of time looking for a resource that will tell me what to plant and how and why (in a language that I can understand) in this unique south-central Texas climate. So my husband suggested that I start this blog and chronicle my gardening journey and maybe help others who are looking for the same kind of help.

A few disclaimers:

  1. I do not know what I'm doing. I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. I'm trying to learn as much as I can, but there's a ton I don't know. I'd love your feedback and insight as I begin this journey.
  2. I have a regular house with a regular small yards. You will not see (at least not in the near future) large rambling yards with no fences or boundaries.
  3. I am not rich. I will say it again that you will not see huge, expensive landscape projects here. I'm a girl who likes a good deal, and I love the word free. My husband makes fun of me for this, but I am okay with it. I'd rather spend my money on vacation.
  4. I do not have hours and hours upon end of free time to create elaborate gardens. I have two kids. I work. Time? What is that? I also embrace the words easy and low-maintenance.
I hope you'll continue to come around. Feel free to give and take ideas. If you have a question, let me know and I'll do my best to research it and create a post about it.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment